Join the growing energy efficiency retrofit market with funded training from GTECNews
Posted by: electime 2nd February 2024
GTEC, the UK’s no. 1 renewables training provider, has launched a suite of energy efficiency retrofit courses, including insulation, draught proofing and ABBE qualifications for Retrofit Assessors & Co-ordinators. With research* suggesting that the current rate of retrofit recruitment must triple in order for the UK to meet the 2050 net zero targets, to help boost numbers, candidates on GTEC’s energy efficiency training can currently benefit from funded places.
Funded places are available for a limited time only, with up to 100 per cent** of the course cost covered
GTEC’s new courses suit candidates working at a range of levels – from sales staff and installers to fully qualified Retrofit Co-ordinators who need to understand PAS 2035 – the energy efficiency retrofit standard which ECO4 projects must comply with.
Griff Thomas, MD for GTEC, said: “The UK has some of the most inefficient housing stock in Europe, and if we are going to help residents reduce their fuel bills, keep warm and get the most out of heat pumps, then we need to do something about this, fast. Schemes like ECO have spurred-on energy efficiency upgrades to date and next year, a £400 million energy efficiency grant has been promised, allowing more people to access cost-effective heat loss preventing measures.
“What this means is that there’s a big demand for insulation installers, retrofit assessors and co-ordinators; an ideal opportunity for businesses already working in the construction sector and the perfect complement to the training we already offer. A whole-house approach is the best way to ensure maximum energy efficiency improvements, and we are now offering the training that supports this, plus ‘a house’ to train on! GTEC has recently constructed an in-centre bungalow for candidates looking for practical guidance on energy efficiency measures.”
Funded places are limited, to register your interest, visit: https://gtec.co.uk/funded-retrofit-insulation-training/insulation-training
About the training:
All of the energy efficiency courses are delivered online at a pace to suit the learner. Trainees on the insulation and draught proofing courses have the option to attend GTEC’s centre in Hawes to gain some practical experience on its energy efficient bungalow – this is not an essential requirement, however.
For a limited time only, GTEC can cover 100 per cent** of the cost of insulation and draught proofing training, thanks to government funding.
Training is designed for anyone; from homeowner DIYers looking to save on their energy bills, to heating engineers and other trades people wishing to help their customers make their homes warmer, cost-less and be more suitable for technologies like heat pumps.
Energy efficiency courses currently available:
- Introduction to Insulation, overview of the different insulation types and their benefits.
- Cold Roof Insulation – insulation between roof rafters
- Warm Room Insulation – surface insulation, using boards
- Floor insulation – under floorboards or over boarding solid floors
- Draught Proofing – identification of draughts and measures to prevent them
More courses to be added soon, including external, flooring & cavity wall.
Discounted ABBE qualifications for retrofit assessors, co-ordinators and anyone working within domestic retrofit businesses. Delivered with partner, Synergy Training, all qualifications are recognised by TrustMark in-line with PAS 2035.
- ABBE Level 3 Introduction to Domestic Retrofit – providing an understanding of the retrofit process, ideal for admin, business development and sales staff. Cost: £499 + VAT
- ABBE Level 3 Domestic Retrofit Assessment – an essential qualification for PAS 2035 Retrofit Assessors, suited to existing building services installers/construction professionals. Cost: £599 + VAT
- ABBE Level 5 Diploma in Domestic Retrofit Co-ordination and Risk Assessment – a mandatory qualification for Retrofit Co-ordinators responsible for overseeing PAS 203 energy efficiency upgrades, suited to existing building services installers/construction professionals. Cost: £999 + VAT